Should I even try to express how guilty I feel that this is a series on my blog? I shouldn’t, I know. I feel bad, that’s all. But I’m not the one to (totally) abandon my travel blog / lifestyle blog / whatever category this blog is now, so I will write part 5 of my When I’m Not Around blog series, you can read Part 1 here to see how it all began, and the other parts will be linked in the last one, Part 4.
I got busy with the move to Gurgaon and work, school, family, friends etc and around the same time, I decided to not pursue the travel blogger from India tag anymore. I love to travel, of course, but continuing the travel blog seemed like a taxing task because a.) the category has become too crowded and confusing, b.) influencers on other platforms like Instagram became big, with every brand aksing fo5 at least 20k followers on Insta which obviously don’t have, and c.) I realized that for writing to still be an absolute pleasure to me, I’d rather do what I like here on my blog, which is: Write freely about all topics that I love without the constant pressure to maintain a niche.
Like the song goes, let’s not put a label on it, let’s keep it funnnn, right?
So, that’s some pressure off me. Phew.
So, here’s a list of things I might be doing when I’m not here, posting new content, in random order:
- Working. Job. Decks. Strategy. Basically, planning content strategy for clients when mine is on pause. Not complaining, I love this workplace. Unlike the last 3-month stint at a shitty agency with a boss who is one of the shittiest people I’ve known in my life, my current job has people I like and admire. This job has given me so many things that I treasure and well, touch wood! [verrrry tempted to share my LinkedIn profile here but I’ll stop and you’ll stalk anyway, won’t you? Noice!]
- Watching Brooklyn 99 reruns like a woman obsessed. Please note the noice reference above. Smort, right?
- Managing Gauri’s school change, activities during the day and well, everything.
- Traveling. Mumbai Gurgaon Pune Kota: The most frequented spots.
- Playing Call of Duty on Xbox and still not getting anywhere close to how good I was at it a few years back, sigh.
- Daydreaming about time-traveling.
- Dreaming about stunning water bodies, kitchens attached to beautiful beach houses, and good company.
- Playing Pubg on mobile and marveling at how good I am at this game. Really, I’m awesome.
- Exploring the Gurgaon/Delhi food joints and drinking holes. In my 1.5 years in Gurgaon, I think I’ve done a decent enough job, but there’s still so much more to do!
- Reading poetry.
- Writing Poetry. You might read it someday, either here or in a collection. Let’s see, I’m evaluating my options right now and it all seems a bit confusing at the moment. [Read one of my favorite poems that I published here: Dark Grey]
- Counting steps on my fancy Fitbit Versa, a birthday gift from the husband. I try to up my step count every day and it feels totally great to be a part of the entire “fitness” thing. (That’s my limit, thankyouverymuch)
- Learning every day, about life and dreams. Sometimes the learnings are gorgeously beautiful, and you can’t believe your luck. At other, the lessons are heartbreakingly disappointing, but there’s always a silver lining or if you’re lucky, a glimmer of hope. The thought is almost enough to feel brave. Almost.
- Dreaming big. Asking for more. I’m always asking for more – that’s the only way to live for yourself, and for the people we love.
- Getting over the little brother’s big fat wedding haze. It. Was. Incredibly. Awesome. I’m most certainly wedding hungover.
- Planning about the husband’s next posting and wishing it is where Gauri and I are. Fingers crossed.
- And lastly, giving a lot of relationship/parenting advice to my friends (who ask). haha, I now right? Hilarious. Me giving relationship advice, the Anti Love Guru.
I was spending more time than necessary on Insta Stories but I’m over it now so no need to include that in the list. I still create some content here and there, every once in a while, but nothing obsessively.
That’s all. Will try and put together another post soon (but don’t count on me).
Love you babies for sticking with me. <3