Why travel quotes, you ask? Well, I believe that a little motivation goes a long way. Especially when you’re suffering from a travel hangover – the longing you feel right after a fabulous trip.
Travel is something that comes spontaneously to most of us. I mean, we are a generation that doesn’t wait for a year to go on a once-in-every-twelve-month vacation – we are the long weekend getaway kids. Our travel plans are often and varied – from a weekend spent in the Himalayas in an offbeat location, to an adventure trip to Israel – we love to explore, don’t we?
But sometimes, we all need some inspiration. Maybe it’s the in-between-travel blues that’s troubling us, or the work-life balance that seems to be the need of the hour (because let’s face it, we do need to earn), some inspiration is always welcome, the type that lift our spirits.
So here is a collection of my favorite and best travel quotes, according to me. They inspire me every now and then, and I hope you find these travel mantras helpful. I also went ahead and turned a few of these travel quotes by famous personalities into images using pictures I clicked in the last six months.
In these quotes about travel, you might find your inspiration to travel, to plan your next trip or to go ahead and book the trip of your dreams. Mine is to travel Business Class to a destination I haven’t yet explored – Japan, Ireland or Turkey. Big dreams, right? Ha ha. Say a little prayer for me, won’t you?
And enjoy my collection of travel quotes, few of which are on pictures I took in Israel, Thailand, Hong Kong and various places in India.
15 Best Travel Quotes That Will Make You Want To Pack Your Bags:
1.“There ain’t no journey what don’t change you some.”
― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
2. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
–Robert Louis Stevenson
3. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
4. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
5. “I read; I travel; I become”
― Derek Walcott
6. “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.”
7. “May came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.”
― E.E. Cummings
[Read about My Israel Trip, And Why I Loved It]
8. “Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation.”
9. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”
― Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 7: 1966-1974
[Solo in Thailand – my post about the days I spent solo in Thailand]
10. “Now more than ever do I realize that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere.”
― Isabelle Eberhardt, The Nomad: The Diaries of Isabelle Eberhardt
11. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
― Anita Desai
[You might like to see what Patlidun Safari Lodge, a luxury stay in Jim Corbett is all about]
12. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
13. “Not all those who wander are lost.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
[Woodland made a super fun video on my Israel trip. Do watch it!]
14. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
― Mark Twain
15. “Everything I was I carry with me, everything I will be lies waiting on the road ahead.”
― Ma Jian, Red Dust: A Path Through China
That’s my list of best travel quotes that inspire me to travel, to explore the world. Do you like any? What’s your favorite Travel Quote, tell me in comments.
Follow me for (almost) live updates