So this year I’ve decided to not let the lame Valentine’s Day overshadow my birthday. I’m not sure if you understand the pain of being born on 14th of February, and you never will if you are not born on the 14th of February, so just take my word for it. It is bad.
Reasons why a birthday on the V Day sucks:
- On birthdays generally only you are excited and feel special. On a birthday that is on the V Day, everyone is excited and feels special.
- Everyone is MORE excited about the love day than your birthday
- People keep cheezing you off with names like ‘Valentines Girl’, ‘love girl’, blah blah
- Random corny guys who you keep ignoring otherwise can give you flowers on this day on the pretext of birthday and you find it hard not to accept
- Everytime you get a birthday wish call, it is combined with a ‘happy Valentine’s day’ as well and you have to say ‘Same to you!’
- You cannot take your friends out because of the fear of muthalik putting you behind bars or worse, getting you married right on the streets with any random guy who has come to wish you, maybe the above mentioned flower-giver. Yuk.
- If at all you go out with friends to celebrate the birthday, say in a pub – and you are obviously dressed in your best possible (hello, it’s your birthday for chrissake) – people in that pub think you are a wannabe who is all decked up for the Valentine’s day. Cheap people.
So now you see?
But anyway, this year my birthday is going to be as normal as anyone else’s birthday which is not on Valentine’s Day. I had a blast last night at one of my dearest friend’s place (whose house i’m totally in love with) with a set of friends. The birthday song happened, cake happened, the cake-on-the-face happened and by the end of it I was completely high on my birthday spirit. And I got carnations. J And 2 stylish friends gave me a super sexy top from Guess which I totally adore but will be able to wear in public only after I lose like a 1000 kg of weight. And the calls that you get at 12am – they give you such an awesome on-cloud-9 feeling, no?
All in all, the birthday eve and starting was very impressive, I must admit. Lets see how the rest of the day unfolds.
I’ll sleep again for a while now and wake up fresh. You guys have fun with the e-card below!