FEB Travel Light with the Zenfone Zoom: Ditch Your DSLR!
I know what you’re thinking. A Travel Blogger who says it’s okay to ditch your beloved DSLR? And you’re right, up until last week, I would have laughed with you. I mean, travel is all about memories and what is better than crisp and clear, high definition memories? So naturally, the DSLR is trusted to carry out the task in the best way possible, right?
Well, wrong. Last week I discovered that you can get the same, and at times, even better results with the phone with best camera ever –
The Asus Zenfone Zoom. When I took the phone out of it’s box, I was already in love with the sleek design and especially the burnished leather rear that contrasts beautifully with the precision metal frame. Here is what the phone looks like, straight out of the box.
The Asus #ZenfoneZoom
What a beauty, right? And it only got better from then on! I had a couple of trips lined up at the time, and I decided to take the Zenfone Zoom with me for a Resort Review trip. The video below, that I watched the same day, had already got my hopes high about the #ZenfoneZoom.
I charged the phone fully the night before, and I need to mention the very impressive Asus BoostMaster fast charging technology that charges up the battery pretty fast! Infact, I tried charging my other phone with the Asus BoostMaster charger, and the result was phenomenal. The next morning, I was all set to explore the five start resort Vishranti in Dehradun with the Zenfone Zoom. Yes, Vishranti, the resort that’s famous as M.S.Dhoni’s wedding venue.
And what a delight it was to have the Zenfone Zoom with me for this trip, because Smartphone Photography is both easy and powerful when it comes to capturing memories and fun times, or even documenting a trip. Seriously, the days when you were required to carry a separate point and shoot, are long gone. These are the times of smartphone photography – just grab your smartphone from your pocket and you are good to go.
Since travelling light is probably my – and I’m sure every Travel Blogger’s – myntra to swear by, it makes perfect sense because smartphones are so lightweight and portable, that capturing photos has never been easier. Plus, you always carry one with you, unlike the DSLR, which take sup space and is rather heavy.
Personally, I’d rather be on the move with a phone with the best camera in the industry right now, and I think the Asus Zenfone Zoom falls right in the illustrious list of top 10 camera phones. Here is a quick look at the features of the Asus Zenfone Zoom in a crux.
Features of The Asus Zenfone Zoom:
1. The Asus Zenfone Zoom is the World’s thinnest 3X optical Zoom, total 12X Zoom. This makes the pictures so clear and the zoom feature is like a dream, look at this picture of guinea pigs that I took from at least 250 mtrs away, from outside the enclosure they are kept in. Unbelievable, right? Honestly, the Zenfone Zoom has the best zoom in this segment so far, in my opinion.
2. 4GB RAM, Intel PC level performance. This makes the phone fast and the processing is pretty smooth. So, forget about the device hanging mid applications or similar malfunctions that sometime seem inevitable with smartphones running on too many apps. I love the fact that it transitions between apps very quickly and smoothly, without any lag time. This phone has a 60ms touch response time and is also equipped with Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Yup, even I can’t break it (not that I tried!) – I have some sort of record for letting phones fall hard on the floor from my bag, from the table and even from my hands.
3. 13MP Laser Auto focus camera. This provides a 16 times longer exposure duration, which results in stable, non-blurry and sharp images even when you’re moving.
4. 4 Stops Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). This mainly means that the Zenfone Zoom allows you to capture shots equivalent to shutter speeds that is four stops slower than none OIS camera – and delivers excellent clarity even in low light settings. Basically, every picture you take with the Zenfone Zoom, get automatically enhanced by DSLR-like OIS, resulting in professional looking images, with half the effort.
5. 10P HOYA Lens. This innovative 10 element lens was created by HOYA, the Japanese experts in Optics which ensure that each one of your click is breathtaking and high quality.
The battery lasted for around 8 hours, during which I clicked several pictures and made a bunch of videos as well. Overall, the Zenfone Zoom is almost like a professional camera with the performance of a PC. This makes it the perfect choice for someone who wants to travel light and still capture pictures with stunning details.
With the Asus Zenfone Zoom, you don’t need to carry your elaborate DSLR gear with you to see the world up close. With the #ZenfoneZoom ‘s 3x Optical Zoom and rock steady Optical Image Stabilization, the 13 MP Laser Auto Focus and the incredible 10P HOYA Lens, you are ready to delve deeper into the world of amazing photography with the world’s best camera smartphone.
I am also happy to report that the images I took during this trip to Vishranti Resort & Spa, will feature in my review of the property without any editing required. The high quality of these images is impressive and I hey, I achieved it without having to carry a DSLR as extra baggage. With the Zenfone Zoom, you can literally Travel Light!
So, grab your Zenfone Zoom and go see the world up close, with perfect clarity and revolutionary results.