My love affair with cars is recent – I learned to drive a car just five years back – but as they say, young love is the most passionate, I am pretty crazy about cars. Add to this, the love for Honda because my first car was a Honda City First Gen Special Edition beauty (still have it!) and the latest is the Honda City 2014 which is almost my husband’s second love. First is The Army. I am at 1.5, I guess, but I don’t mind because Honda has been perfect for our nomadic Army life, with amazing service in every city and every small town, and the cars have never given as anything to worry about in all these years. It’s safe to say the Honda is the favorite auto brand in our household.
|The All New Honda Jazz
So when there was talk in the house of buying a premium hatchback car to maneuver the small town roads in all Army stations, with a little kid in the back seat, Honda Jazz was the first name to be suggested by the husband. While we were still discussing the option, I had to go to Chandigarh for a meeting the next week. This was a short, morning to evening kind of trip and right next to my meeting spot, was a grand Honda showroom where the new Jazz was on display. So, it was in Chandigarh that I got to see the stylish Honda Jazz, take it for a test drive and it was instant love! The car looks stunning.
|The Honda Jazz Launched in India in July 2015
After my test driving the jazz, here is my honest review of the car.
All New Honda Jazz Review: Test Drive
|The Tailgate Spoiler with Integrated LED Stop Lamp
- Second Look Guaranteed, says the Honda website and it is true. The new jazz is stylish and sleek and has a premium look.
- The large and angular headlights that fuse into the multi-element grille make it look a little like the City, and very attractive
- The new Jazz is available in a variety of shades, out of which Urban Titanium Metallic is my favorite (I took it for a test drive!)
- The sporty crossfade monoform design makes it stand out
- The tailgate spoiler at the rear ups the style quotient, and also has integrated LED stop lamp
- The back has a wide band of chrome that runs along the width of the boot, giving it a distinct look
- The dashboard is good looking, with City-like 5 inch touch screen with iPod connectivity
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob are impressive
|Interiors of the Honda Jazz 2015 are attractive and practical
- The first thing that hits you unexpectedly when you sit inside the new Jazz, is the huge space!
- Being a hatchback, Jazz still give a lot of space in form of a larger cabin and a wider distance between the two rows of seats
- The fuel tank in Jazz is re-positioned, and results in more headroom, knee room, foot space and the ability to stretch your legs further
- The front seats are wide like in the City and the contouring is decent
- The top models have ‘Magic Seats’ in the back row, which can split, fold flat and flip upwards to make a even larger space
- Talking of space, the massive 354-litre boot is good for every regular family’s needs
- Honda is offering two color schemes for the interiors – black and beige, and all-black and my personal choice is all black
|Lots of space!
|The All New Honda Jazz 2015
- The best feature about the Jazz launch is : The 2015 Honda Jazz in India is available with a petrol or diesel engine and a manual gearbox in five different variants.
- These are namely E, S, SV, V and VX.
- The 2015 Honda Jazz Automatic or CVT gearbox is only available in the S and V variants.
- The SV variant gets twin airbags and ABS and EBD on both petrol and diesel variants.
- The Honda Jazz V also comes with paddle shifters for the automatic version along with the touchscreen climate control.
- The climate control feature is a good addition to the 2015 model.
- Steering mounted audio feature is the first in this category, and is extremely convenient.
- The petrol powered Honda Jazz has a 1.2-litre iVTEC engine that makes 90PS of peak power and 110Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic gearbox.
- The diesel engine is the same 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine you’d find on the Amaze and City, and is known for its ace performance and makes a healthy 100Ps of peak power and 200Nm of peak torque.
- Driving the Jazz is easy and the engine is, needless to say, powerful
- I drove the petrol version and did not hear the engine at all, no mechanical noises from the engine and I love that in a car.
- Jazz makes it easy to drive in traffic, without the need to work the gearbox very much
- Gearshifts are positive and the clutch is easy
- The steering is smooth and the ride is also comfortable, even in the second row.
- The all new Honda Jazz is crafted for maximum comfort and convenience
- I noticed that the high speed stability of the Honda Jazz is very good. I drove it at a little above 90 for a small stretch and the car was sturdy and comfortably handling the speed
- The driver seat height is adjustable and this is a great feature for families where more than one person drives the car, and can adjust the seat accordingly.
- The multi use smart cup holder can hold everything from your cell phones to a pack of crayons for the kid. Very practical.
|Smart cup holder can hold all sort of important yet tiny things safely
So the new Honda Jazz looks like a comfortable and well suited hatchback for the requirements of day-to-day city driving.
All in all, the new Honda Jazz makes for a sensible buy in the premium hatchback segment. For more information of the car, head to the 2015 Honda Jazz Website. Don’t just change the way you ride, change the way you live – says Honda, is the New Honda Jazz capable of it.