2009 Already?

Oh Crap! How come no one told me I’d still be single and foolish in 2009?
Hmph. Anyway, besides being single and genius (did I say Foolish? Where?), 2009 is good so far. Came back from Goa on the 2nd, so technically started the year with traveling, yay! But you know what, Goa wasn’t all that fun after all. Trust me. I stayed near Anjuna Beach and we hired bikes and suddenly I found myself aimlessly driving in Goa 24*7! I hated that, BTW. I got a sever sun burn, third degree. And the oh-so-talked-about-GOA-party-thing didn’t give me a kick, honestly. And come to think of it, I am otherwise a big time party person. uhu. Not good, Goa. Okay now don’t boo me people, maybe it is me and not Goa, but I really wasn’t all that impressed. Did I miss the point? Don’t bother to enlighten me on this though. I have no plans to go to Goa on any New Year for the next 300 years. Word.

Going back to 2009 being good so far. I attended quite a few good parties. Already, yesssss. heehee. I’m so cool. Some friend’s get togethers and some media parties. All totally hip and awesome and loaded with good cocktails. The best and the latest was the Ibibo party at F Bar, The Ashoka. Oh man, I had funnnnnnnnnnnn. Everything was so nice and easy breezy and I laughed a lot and..well…basically had a good time. Or was it the 5th Cosmopolitan? (F Bar has the BESTEST Cosmopolitans in the town, just FYI) Anyway, I now have a very cuddly Male ibibo penguin soft toy(If you know me,you’ll know I’ve already named him for the month. His name for Jan ’09 is Tarkie. Cute, I know.)sitting on my pillow and creating a mess in my room when I am out. (Yes mom, its Tarkie!!!!) He’s the love of my life. After Garfield, that is.

Then there’s another thing. ‘Guy’ things. (coughs. Do I have you attention now? Right.) So honestly, there are a few of them around, if you know what I mean. Ahan. See, I’m still very much single and passionately intend to remain so, but a lil’ attention couldn’t harm, right? And the fact is even this attention is rare for me. I am always out of the picture. Any picture. Always busy doing whatever crap I do and manage to demotivate every guy who comes my way. But I am trying to learn the soft skill of flirting now, you know. (yes, in my world its always 9th grade. So?)And, well…the result is good so far. I suspect my single jinx is breaking, Ha! Some such things are looking promising. Interesting attractive things – few of them. Umm, Yes, I call guys ‘things’, so?

A brief about these guy-things is here:None is single. No, only one is single. Rest ‘say’ that they are single but hey, you cannot fool me! Nu Nu Nu Nu. Guys could never tell a decent lie. I know inadequate when i see one. One guy-thing says he is single but i sooo soo soooooo doubt it. Another thing says ‘the coast is clear'(what a suspicion-arousing phrase to begin with!) but I know for sure he is dating someone – my sources tell me he is. Another guy-thing tells me he’s broken up & moved on and I can so much see the complicated break up in his eyes and in his silent mode cell phone. Ummm…yes there’s one more distant possibility whose relationship status seems to be ‘it is complicated’. But what the hell. And what’s the rule that says you can only flirt with a single and available guy? I mean, its so arbitrary.

Okay enough drama. Before you can all harass me with a million comments to know the truth (I wish!) actually, one of them is really cute (dreamy smile).
Aww man! I hope he is single. Then we’ll see. Good 2009.

heehee. Enough dope for one post darlings. And its only the 9th of Jan! I wish I could give you the juicy text conversation details, or the me-the-detective story behind the ‘the coast is clear’ guy. Or how I do something stupid when I’m with the cute-I-hope-he-is-single guy or even all of their initials, just for the heck of it. But I suspect one of them will land on this post and find out. So, over and out for now. Catch ya later alligator ~ I hate the movie terminator. Wow, me genius. Ta!

34 thoughts on “2009 Already?

(January 10, 2009 - 6:46 am)

i read my horoscope for 2009 (no , i dont believe in all that… but jus that my 2008 was screwed up so i wanted to console myself assuming someone would have predicted good bout my future :D) and it said

1) compared to last year, 2009 will give more troubles to u.

2) singles will have good scope this year but opposite sex will bring nothing bus miseries so stay away.

3) dont waste ur 2008 savings as u ll need them this year badly. (and frankly, i dont have any)

4) keep ur health in a good state as thats the only asset you have throughout 2009.

and last line was WISH U A VERY HAPPY 2009 !

• Somya

(January 10, 2009 - 6:55 am)

2009 is going just about ok for me, opposed to wht Bejan Daruwala has to say. Jan is vry slow, it’s only 9th and I feel it’s enough already. I’d love to hae a Cosmo right now, hahahaha. And well well well, the guy-thing is surely exciting! All from Delhi? I doubt it though. Good men are extinct from Delhi dist. Keep me updated on this okay? ANd I loved the GOa pics (again)…didnt look lke u did not hav much fun!!!

• Sachin Garg

(January 10, 2009 - 7:47 am)

I was not kidding.
    The coast really is clear.

• Luser

(January 10, 2009 - 11:43 am)

Okii so u didnr enjoy Goa. Rembr what I told you a week before? HAHAHA. Now u know!

• longroads

(January 10, 2009 - 11:43 am)

And I am really single. The silent mode was only to keep any distraction away, honey.

(January 10, 2009 - 11:43 am)

: Who the fuck said that?? If you go by MY defination, flirting is the art of making the other person feel good about himself/herself and who says thats bad!! So keep up with the improvement woman.. 😀

(January 10, 2009 - 11:48 am)

And next time pleaseeee invite me for one of those parties and let me have a shot at one of your those famous cosmopolitan, will you?? 😉

(January 10, 2009 - 11:50 am)

Spectator: HAHAHA! Well said. You must be looking forward to 2009, right? hahaha. have a good one buddy. 🙂

(January 10, 2009 - 11:52 am)

Somya: c’mon! its only 9th of the 1st month! It will get better, i’m sure. And shall definitely keep u posted with the guy-things. Are u anyway reading all the sms i keep on forwarding u frm the cute guy? heehee

Goa. Lets not talk about it.

(January 10, 2009 - 11:55 am)

Sachin: Ahan. Meet me next. And you’ll know.

(January 10, 2009 - 11:56 am)

Longroads: FO. 😐
    BTW, wrent u supposed to like meet me this month? Liar.

(January 10, 2009 - 11:58 am)

Luser: Nay, I dont rembr anything nayone told me b4 i went to goa. I was too freaking consumed by the idea of goa. 🙁

Anyway…what’s your reason for not liking goa, honey? I thot u loved trance, for 1…

(January 10, 2009 - 11:58 am)

Sam: lol. Ritto !!! I believe you!

(January 10, 2009 - 11:58 am)

Sam: lol. Ritto !!! I believe you!

(January 10, 2009 - 12:00 pm)

Sam: Are u in town? We can go anytime, since u have a car and I have the…well…company? hehee…call me once u r back and we can have a girl’s evening out @ F Bar.

(January 10, 2009 - 12:03 pm)

Sam: and did u see the sticker on my blog? It says Friends dont let friends drink and take home ugly men. I will be helpful here as well..HAHAHA

• Pritha

(January 10, 2009 - 12:36 pm)

Loved to hear about the guys. Finally. Will I see u comitted ever? Amen.

• humbl devil

(January 11, 2009 - 7:29 am)

so someone is all pumped up about 09…good thing…
    should have done some research about new @ goa..hehe
    now, the experience says it all…muhaahahahaha

btw, when r u putting up ur awards…dont forget to pass them on…

(January 11, 2009 - 7:37 am)

Humbl Devil: Aww shuck! How come no one told the research thing to me before going? Back then all tht ppl wr saying is GO GOA! HAVE FUN! Sigh.
    But yes, experience teaches. 😀

Awards? What awards? Have I forgotten something?? (me confused)

• Santosh

(January 12, 2009 - 8:47 am)

Good news. Now I cn have some gossip from you as well 🙂

(January 12, 2009 - 9:02 am)

Coast is clear!

-Nupur K

• darlingjunior

(January 14, 2009 - 10:10 am)

I loved ur line “single and foolish.”
    recently was reading “stay hungry and stay foolish”
    but this stay single and you are foolish makes me think…

• s4n705h

(January 14, 2009 - 10:42 am)

Happy new year to you too. Try pondicherry. its quiter and less of drama. but its too small of place just have a dekho

(January 14, 2009 - 12:56 pm)

Santosh: U bet 😉

Nupur K: Man! and he maintains this claim till date. hahaha

(January 14, 2009 - 12:58 pm)

darlingjunior : Danke..hehe. Can u relate to being single and foolish? Just curious.

s4n705h : Yeah…have to go to pondicherry sooooon. And wassup with you..long time.

(January 15, 2009 - 7:40 am)

Single is so NOT foolish, but then there’s the whole thing about the green grass on the other side right?….where am i? Was that a trick ” philosophical” sort of question?? I’m around…just not writing, maybe the new year might do the trick. Will definitely keep u posted. 🙂

(January 15, 2009 - 7:47 am)

Kenny: yeah..maybe u r right…But then, the grass may be greener on the other side, but its as hard to cut 😉

Write something soon. And where’s my free coffee we decided last year? grrr…

• Megha

(January 15, 2009 - 10:38 am)

Nice post!! I am curious now….

• bs

(January 20, 2009 - 8:09 am)

after a long time..
    i love ur writing

• Standbymind

(January 20, 2009 - 9:24 am)

Now someone had a great new year…

n do tell us about coast is clear thing..(although being a guy i know what that mean)

(January 20, 2009 - 9:26 am)

Megha: U need a complete dump now 😛

BS: Thanks! Cant tell yo how much I love to hear that 😉

Stand by mind:You know what that means? Tell tell tell

• unforgiven

(January 23, 2009 - 6:39 am)

Haha 🙂

(January 25, 2009 - 7:00 am)

believe it or not, sometimes being single is a blessing 🙂

I hope the rest of the year goes well for you too 🙂

• MeMyself_n_I

(January 28, 2009 - 5:39 am)

Well first of all happy new year! And second of all, all the best for ur quest. Here’s hoping u grab the cute guy. :-p

Btw, i’m back on the radar now, in case u remember me. 🙂