Month Long Drama

I have a ‘write a post!’ yellow post-it note sticking to my desk phone at office and my DVD box (which lies besides my bed) at home. And still I managed to ignore it for a month. Hehe. The reason I didn’t post for a full month, besides my laziness, is a month full of drama. Yeah total DRAMA. Here is a list of the elements of the drama:

The ‘circle of friends’

It is complicated. All relations I have known till today are based on mutually accepted delusion, I can tell you. It is plain give and take. Gone are the days when friends were selfless friends. Okay I am making it a tad over-dramatic, but what the hell – I am enraged by m complicated friendships. And an added advantage to this particular circle is my master’s degree in complicating relationships. And I get so messed up at times that I end up being the one responsible for all the shit.

So Relationships + Me = Complications = My giving up = No relationships for me.

See? Its complicated.

The Money:

I am broke. You may ask –Again? My answer is – Yes, again. Have so many things to do, God knows how am I going to handle my bankruptcy. I hope that in a very dramatic fashion, some filthy rich person who loooooves my blog, reads this religiously (that is, whenever I post) and finds me really adorable (have I ever posted my picture here?) and decides to write me an anonymous cheque. Don’t give me that look now. I get anon comments and anon mails all the time, why not an anon cheque? Hmph.

The Best Friend’s Wedding

So Sheetal’s got married. She fell in love and moved out of the house we lived in so happily. Only if I was a lesbian, I would have never let her go. Damn! Man, I feel so lonely in the city of desire -Gurgaon and what’s more is, that now since I cannot keep the huge flat all on my own, I have to shift. What the hell. I’ll miss my space (one room of sleeping and other 2 rooms of laundry) and I’ll miss Sheetal so damn much. Think about it, I anyway dont have a boyfriend to trouble, the scene with ‘friends’ has gotten bad and now Sheetal too is leaving. She told me this is to make space for something better in my life. Ya right! Is all this drama really necessary to change my life? I don’t believe that one bit. This is unfair Mr. Universe!! (Sheetal introduced me to the Law of Universe – more about that later).

The work-place Issues

If that was not enough, my work has started giving me problems. Joy to the world! (Cant write more about it, my meant-for-private-consumption blog is quite a rage in my office, haha)

The Facebook

I have lost all interest in facebook. I mean seriously! My status has not been updated for like a week now and I have not been sending out any new feed. No activity. uhuu. Can anyone believe it? Well, those who are in my friends list will not believe it, I know. Is this a sign that I will gradually lose all interest in life? In food? In gossip? Hell!

The Dream World Problems

My dream world has always been my escape and my favorite destination and my biggest strength but somehow my dream world has also got the virus recently. My dreams are so much close to reality, I want to puke! Now you agree with me, this surely is dangerous, right? Sigh.

The ‘Whatever’ Mode

Okay, I always used ‘whatever’ as a complete sentence, but the ‘Whatever’ mode is taking over my entire social life now – or whatever is left of my social life. I refuse to go clubbing with friends and prefer lying in my bed doing nothing. I haven’t gone to a dance floor in like a 1000 years now and I haven’t checked out a single guy since I can recall (well, leaving the hot guy in Times of India office today – but he looked so taken). To all the above, my instant reaction is ‘WHATEVERRRRR!’ I look like a complete badass at work and I don’t seem to care. I don’t dress up, my eye liner has dried due to non-usage (if that’s possible), I am thinking to get my hair cut really short because I don’t want to take care of long hair and all, I don’t change ear-rings anymore and most importantly, I have not got any expensive lingerie for ages.

Seriously, who is this person anyway? This cannot be me!

Gawd, I want some action in my life and no drama – Or I’ll die of boredom. Or lack of make-up. Maybe due to over dose of painful – cruel – shallow – disgusting drama?

Sigh.

I end my non-post here. Will be back soon with something exciting to share. Take care and get a grip before you are compelled to write a post like this one. 🙂

Author of 2 books. TEDx Speaker. Travel Writer. Blogger. Addicted to Travel & Books. Digital Media Strategist. Social Media Girl. Army Wife. Mom. Curious. Crazy.

41 thoughts on “Month Long Drama

Anonymous

(November 27, 2008 - 5:51 am)

How much for the Cheque amount ?

humbl devil

(November 27, 2008 - 5:52 am)

(one room of sleeping and other 2 rooms of laundry)

ROFLMAO…

sure living up the single life!!!
    😀
    if you have some guests visiting then they got a ready made bed of laundry!!!
    >:D

even i havent checked out a gal in ages…years mebbe..but that's bcoz i m in love…what's your excuse??? >:P

Mishra

(November 27, 2008 - 5:52 am)

Alright ! I would say you need a break- break as in…quit the job,sell your mobile fone out and go to your village.Stay there for a couple of months and then come back !Will help for sure…

Good to see your blog being updated- the only good thing happening today probably.I am really pissed with the mumbai terrorist attack and that have not taken breakfast yet because of that.

s4n705h

(November 27, 2008 - 5:52 am)

After reading your post i am can say with confidence “GET A LIFE” girl. and the first thing you should do is to change your perspective towards life. :P.

s4n705h

(November 27, 2008 - 5:52 am)

Adi Crazy

(November 27, 2008 - 6:03 am)

Anon: I knew it! I knew there was an anon somewhere out there (smiles brightly). My dream world is not so bad after all, I must say. heehee.
    So, umm…how about 5 lac? It will sort out my entire life, you know. And I will dedicate my book to you. Deal. What, you didn’t know my dream is to write a book and get it published? It will be big, let me tell you. And I will actually dedicate it to you my anon frnd. You want my mailing address?

Adi Crazy

(November 27, 2008 - 6:04 am)

Santosh: Yes, I should get a life, I know. Do you know any place I can rent it for a while? I m broke so cannot buy ….
    lol

Adi Crazy

(November 27, 2008 - 6:06 am)

Mishra: Sigh. This is what I m planning, really. And what is this Mumbai attack again yaar? I slept at 3am last night – was watching the Mumbai news. This is a evil age. I m so enraged!

Adi Crazy

(November 27, 2008 - 6:07 am)

Humbl Devil: Gee, that’s the thing I will miss the most – 2 laundry rooms. 😛
    My excuse to everything is ‘Whateverrrr’. I have just lost it maybe. And guess what, I am not even in love!

Sachin Garg

(November 27, 2008 - 9:50 am)

@ all your problems.
    1 day to go.

Anonymous

(November 27, 2008 - 10:13 am)

have only 2 lakhs… recession times u c… will it suffice for sometime ?… No books needed… no deals… no emails…

--xh--

(November 27, 2008 - 10:56 am)

may be you needs a break… and need to recharge your mind… one room for sleep and 2 for laundry – that would have been superb.

Spectator

(November 28, 2008 - 4:59 am)

bankruptcy… hmmmmm. understood !

Kenny

(November 28, 2008 - 5:01 am)

Hmmm…ok, let’s do this point by point:
    1. Relationships are always complicated. Without complications we wouldn’t be calling them relationships. They’d be…..well just something else.
    2. Selfless ppl. BIG myth. Like looking for the “city of desire” in Gurgaon. 😛
    3. Would’ve loved to send you a cheque with a huge amount. But the bank ppl said i can’t do that if i don’t actually own the money.
    4. The best friends will always get married. You could try being friends with a 40 year old single person…but you don’t want a loser like that for a friend!!
    5. Work can be a bitch. I’m pretty sure. I sent my dog to office the other day n he screwed up all my work…
    6. Dreams look to much like reality? On the up side, you can always say “I’m living all my dreams.” 😉
    7. No fun being all by urself. Is like having a conversation where you already know everything. Deja vu, just you n’ you…
    8. Attitude towards inner-wear says a lot about how u feel (i’m sure there must be a survey to support me somewhere). I like to wear boxers on a challenging day ahead. Help me put up a good fight.
    Ok…I’m done with the awful jokes…it’s around 8 in the morning, so I’m definitely not high, if that’s what u’re wondering. Had a huge mug of coffee though…
    The weekend’s coming, get out, have some fun, catch up with friends, shake a leg, check out guys…whatever helps.
    And smile…right about.. now!! 🙂

Adi Crazy

(November 28, 2008 - 5:11 am)

Sachin: Yeah…looking forward to it!

Adi Crazy

(November 28, 2008 - 5:13 am)

Anon: Okay not bad. 2 is cool. And I insist on the book dedication! Mailing address now? (If its any help in deciding, I haven’t been able to get my dry-cleaning back from the shop because I don’t even have 1500 bucks, Imagine!)
    Awaiting eagerly
    Yours truly
    Aditi

Adi Crazy

(November 28, 2008 - 5:14 am)

-xh-: Ya, a break is what I need man! So much need a long holiday of doing nothing. 🙂

Adi Crazy

(November 28, 2008 - 5:14 am)

Spectator: lol. Chalo, koi to samjha!

Adi Crazy

(November 28, 2008 - 5:31 am)

Kenny: 🙂 Here goes…
    1.They’d be called pumpkins then.
    2. 😀 I agree. I have even exhausted all laces to go in this city. What to do?
    3.haha! You earn and I can wait for a few years. Trust me, I’ll always be broke and you can help me any time in the future too. (I’m keeping my future safe)
    4.Gimmi a break! A 40 year old somewhat-a-friend person is also getting tomorrow. I am expected to attend the wedding.(straight face)
    5.I forgot to mention, I want a dog! :-/
    6. Yeah, this sounds cool. 🙂
    7.Oooh, no Deja vu, I dont want to go thru it again!
    8.Agreed. And I must say, even if it is inappropriate, I love boxers! 😀

I m touched you were reading this at 8 in the morning, when I was still asleep. hehe. Well, I dread the weekend. I hate Gurgaon. But let me see what ground breaking thing can be done. Shall keep you posted. Take care! 🙂

(¯`•._.•[Raaji]•._.•´¯)

(November 29, 2008 - 7:11 am)

sometimes, life is just a mess… you will get past– sooner or later.
    Take care!

Anonymous

(November 29, 2008 - 9:09 am)

evn though said,”anon…u better f*#h off”..m here!:P
    m into “sort-of-same” phase…m done in my personal life(allz messed up), love life(he got married 🙁 ), relations(liked to talk to al my relatives evry now n then, bt havnt contacted anyone since long), frens(cant evn make out whts wrong), coleg(hav been puctual n sincere,evn stood 4th in my class in med-sem exam.but now…allz gone. getting threats from faculty for being thrown out of coleg for not being “ME”):(:(, work(not at al, no creativity, nothing), home(evn i was required to change my flat coz of some prob,but thank god, the prob solved…hope u too dnt hav to change…hope for the best:)..bt stil, my home-life is so much messed ), no guys r able to get my attention(or say i dnt appeal to them 🙁 ), hav stoped changing ear-rings, dressing up(like u), have lost al taste(dnt evn feel like eating), evn m broke(coz i spended a lot to take my frustation out,bought lot of clothes,bt do not wear them n now m left with nothing), my dream world consist of horrible dreams now(like repeating my sem, or my “ex” with his wife, n terrorism n al worst things), lost smile( do smile for others, but they make me realise more of my sorrows n emptiness in life), and finally, env my life has turned into WHTEVA…

SO…U C.. u r not alone…feel good (evn i feel good to get a company :)…)

tell u something.. lifez made of these ups n donws(i knw, i knw…”y these “downs” happens with me only?”)..bt u need to go on, evn though u dont feel like, evn though u dnt wan to. yeah u can take up some sort of holiday n escape out…but the truth is, u cant escape ur own self. u cant run frm things. so better stay there n face up things. be storng. n wen u wil come over these things u wil feel good.. gr8! u r too elder to me, bt take my words miss. luv urself n luv ur life. make things happening in ur own way, n even enjoy ur monotonous life.(mmm.. i m good at making things look good..i think..hah! told so much to u n i knw the exact state of ur mind ryt now, coz its same here, evn after hearing al this.WHTEVA :P…)

wud luv to send u a cheque for 5lk…but u c, m not earing,still n student…whteva!

Kenny

(December 2, 2008 - 3:01 pm)

🙂
    1. Pumpkins? What brought that up??
    2. Save (or borrow 😀 ) some money n go to a place that actually seems like “the city of desire” (Paris maybe??) 😛
    3. So does that work both ways? (I’d like to plan my future too!!)
    4. I said 40 year old SINGLE friend…how was the wedding??
    5.Even i want one… :-/
    6. If a dream is too close to reality..do u have to bother to interpret it? Just curious…
    7. Having to go through it again..I think that’s the definition of “deja vu” 😀
    8. What’s it with women n boxers?? And it wasn’t that inappropriate…i mean i like lingerie (who doesn’t??) but i didn’t say that cause that would’ve been inappropriate. 😛

So it’s back to the boredom of the weekdays again. How was the weekend? Lemme know..N take care!! 🙂

P.S.: You should drop by on “The Fuss” sometimes…i know i haven’t updated but today i sat down to write even if it takes all night to get inspired to do so…n it’d be nice to get an interesting comment.

rebel_on_loose

(December 3, 2008 - 11:24 am)

Well….i could soo identify with the “Best Friend’s Wedding” part…since my friend too moved out a week back(“to make space for something better in my life”!) and now i’m all alone in Bengalurooo, and have to shift out of my 2 bedroom flat too!

zoram

(December 3, 2008 - 11:25 am)

good read!
    Hey! y dnt u put up something like Tell-a-Friend so that visitor like me can easily share ur posts with frens thru mails,IMs,blogs,socialnetworking sites etc…u cn simply register on http://www.socialtwist.com Do check it out 🙂

Anonymous

(December 3, 2008 - 11:25 am)

evn though u said,”anon…u better f*#h off”..m here!:P
    m into “sort-of-same” phase…m done in my personal life(allz messed up), love life(he got married 🙁 ), relations(liked to talk to al my relatives evry now n then, bt havnt contacted anyone since long), frens(cant evn make out whts wrong), coleg(hav been puctual n sincere,evn stood 4th in my class in med-sem exam.but now…allz gone. getting threats from faculty for being thrown out of coleg for not being “ME”):(:(, work(not at al, no creativity, nothing), home(evn i was required to change my flat coz of some prob,but thank god, the prob solved…hope u too dnt hav to change…hope for the best:)..bt stil, my home-life is so much messed ), no guy is able to get my attention(or say i dnt appeal to them 🙁 ), hav stoped changing ear-rings, dressing up(like u), have lost al taste(dnt evn feel like eating), evn m broke(coz i spended a lot to take my frustation out,bought lot of clothes,bt do not wear them n now m left with nothing), my dream world consist of horrible dreams now(like repeating my sem, or my “ex” with his wife, n terrorism n al worst things), lost smile( do smile for others, but they make me realise more of my sorrows n emptiness in life), and finally, env my life has turned into WHTEVA…

SO…U C.. u r not alone…feel good (evn i feel good to get a company :)…)

wud luv to send u a cheque for 5lk…but u c, m not earning,still n student…whteva!

A Lost Soul

(December 4, 2008 - 5:28 am)

Babes, I know what u r going thru.. missing u around.. even though i m not there with u, i m alwys around and (i know, even i ve my doubts when i say this, but) things will start looking brighter very soon.. u n i r in the same boat… if not the same apt anymore.. except that i m married n u r not.. but i realised that, each one of us has to go thru our own struggle.. even if I was married to a billinoer, i wud ve still be going thru the pain that i m going thru these days.. destiny, kerma.. whatever we may want to call it.. but even thru all this that we r going thru.. just one thought.. the darkest hr of night is when the sky is abt to break in dawn.. so hang in there.. i m with u.. n we will see thru it.. cheer up sweets.. i love you.. hugs..

♥bμşγ-ŵŗϊŧēŕ♥

(December 4, 2008 - 5:28 am)

ughh.. ditto situations! dittttto!

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:06 am)

Raaji: 🙂 Thanks.

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:06 am)

Anon: No words. I am touched. Thanks a ton for writing. Feels good if there is someone who relates, no matter known or anonymous. Love and luck!
    -Aditi

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:07 am)

Kenny: 😀
    I’ll write a post to answer this now. lol. This is the most interesting conversation I’ve had in ages. Love you!

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:07 am)

Rebel_on_loose: aww…know what, I have shifted to a hedious girl’s PG for the time being. ewww!

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:07 am)

Zoram: Now I have to thank you for the suggestion. Chk out the link on my blog now. 😉

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:07 am)

A Lost Soul: 🙁 LOVE YOU LOADS Sheetal! And miss you like crazy!

Adi Crazy

(December 4, 2008 - 7:07 am)

Busy Writer: Hugs!!! 🙂

go-phish

(December 5, 2008 - 5:55 pm)

“relations I have known till today are based on mutually accepted delusion”

nod!

“I am broke”

me tooooo 🙁

My best friend isn’t married..but deeply in love :)…

“my meant-for-private-consumption blog is quite a rage in my office”

mine was a vent thing until EVERYONE found it..sheesh 😐

all i can tell us both..is…have faith…the screwed up relationships will either get better or fall apart..either way, we’ll know.
    money will miraculously find its way into our palms. 🙂
    best friends will still be best friends and love us MORE :D:D
    plus, its nice to have people read what one writes.

life might be a lil rat nibbled around the edges as of now…give it time..will sort itself out 🙂
    we just gotta believe!

*peace*

Kenny

(December 5, 2008 - 6:13 pm)

Hmmm…a post…that’d be a good idea if that comes about. I’ve would’ve done it but am too lazy. N i’m with you on the interesting conversation bit, come to think of it we’ve covered a lot of different topics. 😛 Love ya!!

Anonymous

(December 9, 2008 - 2:22 pm)

hey, m back again to relate to u. evn i was touched on reading ur posts “what hurts” and “one month long story”… ur posts too touched the core of my heart!!!

chalo… i can only say..just take care n hav faith… therz something better waiting for u… n hope for me too!!! luv ya!

zoram

(December 9, 2008 - 2:22 pm)

heyy!! good! hope ur visitors make good use of it 🙂

zoram

(December 9, 2008 - 2:22 pm)

wow!O’m so glad to c it here 🙂 thnks ..hope ur visitors make the best use of it

Sam

(December 11, 2008 - 5:54 am)

Woman, you need to meet me ASAP!!:) My life’s pretty similar to yours, minus the job.. and the flatmate offer remains!!

lost

(December 23, 2008 - 5:18 pm)

Losing interest in facebook is like losing interest in orange candy. welcome the next phase of life!!!!