Serial Blasts in Delhi, yet again.

13 Sept 2008

9:20 pm.

Serial Blasts in Delhi. 20 dead and over 90 injured. Indian Mujahiddin takes responsibility. No matter how weird it might sound, but I m teary eyed right now. I have goose bumps and i want to go do something – anything at all! What kind of life we are living? What kind of a world is this? What do people want to prove with this blood show? No, no one I know is injured or dead, thank god. I got numb after I heard the news of these blasts in delhi.A few friends are stuck in traffic and a colleague’s kid is in shock because she was in GK 3 M block and saw people shouting bomb and running. Apart from this, everyone I know is fine. But I am restless. I cannot do anything about it. No one can I guess. I purposely don’t have a television set at home because I get depressed with things like this. And the irony is I can’t do anything at all. This all will be washed a few days later, I know. New things will come.. New reasons to worry-  – some new gimmick against the Bacchans or some dad killing his 14 year old daughter where the authorities take big bucks and remain shut. . New things to celebrate – US orders troops into Pakistan without its consent or an upcoming international game hosted by India at the cost of the Capital’s basic infrastructures -roads for one.. Maybe a blockbuster-even-before-release will be made on the issue with strong patriotic sentiments. But what about right now? Even a lame person like me can figure out that they have struck back in the exact patter like last time – sarojini nagar blasts – targeting the crowed markets that attract a high number of people. Can’t we have a serious standard of security and alertness? Man, I cannot even type properly. A few days later the TV channels will run a story titled ‘Delhi spirit never dies’ or ‘Delhi is bouncing back to normal life’. Some might even come up with a chronology of Delhi Blasts – the history. Some will say this is terrorism, some might blame it straight away on Pakistan and some will be convinced that this is the government or the opposition. But you know what, this is not done. Not done at all. This will all settle down within no time. I can so much relate to GK M Block market, I can almost see it happening in front of my eyes.  And CP? India Gate? Fuck man. I was out in a mall in Gurgaon  when my panicky parents called me to break the news to me and wanted me to rush home and be safe. I called all my frnds and got crazy over a frnd who had switched his phone to avoid disturbances in his date. Whatever. I am bran fucked right now and I don’t know what to do. This is not just the blasts and terrorism; this is about the depletion of trust and emotions in people. Everywhere there is pain, loss, Broken Dreams, lost trust, exploited innocence. Can anyone trust anyone these days? I cannot. Hell, I cannot even trust my best friends because I’ve seen better. Whatever happened to faith? A hand that hold you and pulls out of all the shit? What happened to the undying belief in the fairy tales? Why are we not able to dream these days? Why is it that the fear of loss wins over the urge of trying? I hear about the power of dreams, of the common man, but does anyone believe in it anymore? I don’t know if someone thinks I am overreacting, but I am itching for some faith.

13 thoughts on “Serial Blasts in Delhi, yet again.

(September 13, 2008 - 6:25 pm)

This is a serious issue. Really, what kind of a world is this?

(September 14, 2008 - 7:46 am)

your reaction is understandable. I hope things get better.

• Sachin Garg

(September 14, 2008 - 7:46 am)

I wasnt kidding when I suggested the ‘shortcut’ to making a difference.
    -one of the twenty characters

• A Lost Soul

(September 14, 2008 - 8:45 am)

Sad Situation. We have things like this to worry about and yet what the nation is engrossed in is local politics, daily soaps and personal safety. Who thinks about the nation? Goos post. Shows how much you are moved.

• Priyanka Singh

(September 14, 2008 - 11:58 am)

You said it right. This is Not Done at all!!
    Tragedy is people will soon forget it, people die and in few weeks everything is washed away till it happens again. What government does? Maybe this question is not getting answered, cause we citizens are not asking it in a tough way. Irony is look how the other countries react, a bomb hoax in London and it became a world issue and bomb blast every few months in India and we take it like..Ohh okies, thats sad and move on.
    We citizens need to take action…I dunno wat…but I know we need to do something so that government start taking responsibilities!!

• Mishra

(September 14, 2008 - 12:12 pm)

Things will never get better.Welcome to club REAL.I am sure govt will try its level best to erase this feeling- the one which you had while writing this all down- and they will eventually succeed.Imagine someone stranded in Bihar while I am discussing how to avail the Domino’s discount coupons this weekend.Ironical it is but that is true.

Finally you wrote something that you actually wanted to write( and I wanted to read from your side since the last 2 yrs I guess ) and you know what – spelling mistakes tell that you meant by all what you wrote.All the best

This post of yours is my personal favourite.Straight from soul- forget heart !

(September 14, 2008 - 4:16 pm)

I wonder why you feel so disturbed about it ! i mean, we are being terrorized since a very long time. Either we are not able to do something or we just don’t want to do anything bout it. we have accepted it as routine !!! the media, who holds maximum power in such situations are more interested in getting onsite footage of injured people rather taking them to hopsitals… may be, we all deserve this !!!

• mysticalme

(September 17, 2008 - 9:19 am)

I wish we were not so helpless right now..but this is how I feel! Terrorism cant be stopped ..lets face it be REAL…coz good and bad people will always be there…everywhere you look you see tragedy..and hearts filled with pain and sadness…

all we can do is just share their GRief and pray for the one’s who are left in this words to feel the loss!

my first time on ur blog..
    a heartfelt post Adi!!

• ~Lord Anshul

(September 19, 2008 - 9:10 am)

with everyblast i hope friends and family of people i know are ok. thinking about everyone is there no more. coz this has become almost a monthly event now. i wish we had govt with spine and rather less selfish interests

(September 20, 2008 - 11:24 am)

I don’t think I have the right to comment when all I can do about the whole sitiuation is zilch!!

• gunj

(September 26, 2008 - 7:46 am)

it was a horrible thing but did u see how it doesn matter to anybody anymore!
    d worst part is da we learn to live with it than do smething aboiut it!

(September 29, 2008 - 6:54 am)

I awarded your blog, check this Brilliant Weblog Award.

• sachin

(September 30, 2008 - 11:50 am)

nice blog…….