I Hate People. Period.

With every goodbye you learn!

Love isn’t like a reservoir.
You’ll never drain it dry.
It’s much more like a natural spring.

The longer and the farther it flows,
The stronger and the deeper
And the clearer it becomes.

After a while you learn the subtle difference
between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t mean security,

And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises.

And you begin to accept your defeats
with your head up and your eyes open,
with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child, a
and learn to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans,
and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn that even
sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure….
That you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn…
With every goodbye you learn.

Sheetal (My roomie, remember?) wrote this on her blog here and I found it heartbreakingly true…Love sucks. I read somewhere that what will survive of us is love, my foot! Only if WE survive love,or leave aside looowe, only if we survived affection. And the aftermath. And the people. Grrr… I hate people. Period.

63 thoughts on “I Hate People. Period.

(June 11, 2008 - 5:29 am)

Ok, that was kinda depressing…but then it rang true. IF only we could survive love…and all that follows. Btw ur roomie writes some pretty neat stuff…and its so deep. And hope u get over whatever it is that is bugging u real soon 😉

• DON

(June 11, 2008 - 5:30 am)

Its not like with “With every goodbye you learn” but u Learn coz u exist..

Learning is a continuous process.. with all goodbye’s, Hi’s , Lies’s, Deny’s a part of it.

This is so True: – “After a while you learn that even
    sunshine burns if you get too much.”

“I Hate People” .. well .. ever heard if hatred prevailed forever?

• unforgiven

(June 11, 2008 - 5:30 am)

Ah my child, but you must believe.

Love may mean pain, love may mean sacrifice, love may mean sadness, but it is worth it.

Wouldn’t you rather experience a few moments of true love, even if it means dealing with some sadness after; rather than not ever experience love at all?

After all, as I said somewhere else earlier, ‘romance’, is everything.

• gunj

(June 11, 2008 - 5:30 am)

sooo effing true!!
    each word thr makes sooo much sense!!
    but id still say…people suck…love doesnt!!

(June 11, 2008 - 6:20 am)

love sucks. bigtime !

• Somya

(June 11, 2008 - 10:51 am)

Aww…the postcard is so so so sad di! I loved it when I checked out post secret this monday. This is a sad post. After he last one on Romance, I thought u r getting into the groove 😛
    But, alas!

Anyway, the poem is superb. Hugs to you n Sheetal di.

• JC

(June 11, 2008 - 12:08 pm)

Sheetal dukhi aatma hai.
    U cheer up.
    -the guy who will soon make you write an anti theory of this post.

(June 11, 2008 - 12:11 pm)

(June 11, 2008 - 12:12 pm)

(June 11, 2008 - 12:13 pm)

Gunj: 😛 I agree to some extent…but then I m faced with realities to decide otherwise. Torn between belief and experiences…

(June 11, 2008 - 12:13 pm)

Unforgiven: …..Romance is everything….deep thought…I’ll get back on that…

(June 11, 2008 - 12:14 pm)

Kenny: It IS true!!! Glad you liked it. hanks form e and sheetal. And thanks again for the get-out-of-it wish, i so much want to.

(June 11, 2008 - 12:15 pm)

Don: 😛
    Hatred is long lasting, I think. Fades with time, but always remains in some way or the other, thought I hope it is not true. People hate, like they love, unreasonably, so i guess here’s the answer!!! 🙂

(June 11, 2008 - 12:16 pm)

Spectator: Bingo!! 🙂

(June 11, 2008 - 12:16 pm)

Somya: Love you!!!

(June 11, 2008 - 12:17 pm)

JC: Thanks man…however I doubt me writing anti-theory to this one 😛

BTW, lemmi tell Sheetal what you have to say about her and next time I’m sure she’ll throw u off from some swing.

• Bibhuti

(June 12, 2008 - 5:49 am)

This kind of reminded me one of my fav quote/para by Neil Gaiman.

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life…You give them a piece of you. They didn’t ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn’t your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like ‘maybe we should be just friends’ turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It’s a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

• Sutta

(June 12, 2008 - 5:50 am)

Ah, the scene seems familiar to mine.
    I hate people too. Period!
    You’ll love ‘Classically Milds’.

• unforgiven

(June 12, 2008 - 5:50 am)

Love and Hate are opposites, more so than most people realize.

Love is not unreasonable. In fact, it exists for some of the best reasons why something in this life ever should. It is only with whom and when that is, unpredictable.

Hate, is unreasonable. In any form.

Ideally, love should stay longer and hate shorter, that would make sense, wouldn’t it?

But hate stays while love often goes, simply because hate is easier. It is easier to shun the world and pronounce it as inherrently evil rather than embrace whatever life gives us, joy or sorrow.

Hate allows us to feel justified in keeping all our flaws, it gives us instant gratification and it serves as an effective scapegoat for all that we do wrong.

So of course hate will last long, we need hate; it involves less work!

• Keshi

(June 12, 2008 - 9:21 am)

well-said girl!

**So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
    instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers

love that!

• Karthik S

(June 12, 2008 - 9:44 am)

Good one!!! Lines triggers something deep inside.

Cheers 🙂

• Pritha

(June 12, 2008 - 9:52 am)

Deep. Your status msgs on gtalk, facebook and everywhere told me something is wrong, but I dare not start something serious with you, so I kept wondering 😛

All will be well. Love you.

• Bubbly Vodka

(June 12, 2008 - 5:11 pm)

Lovely lines. Lovely true lines. Cheers to all the learning!

(June 12, 2008 - 6:00 pm)

I hate everybody around !!! one day, surprisingly i am gonna be disappeared leaving no trail behind…

• Sutta

(June 13, 2008 - 5:17 am)

I so believe what ‘Unforgiven’ said about Love n Hate!

“It maybe cool to hate and stupid to love, but its always easy to hate and difficult to love”.

(June 13, 2008 - 5:20 am)

Bibhuti : awww…it touched my heart. Beautiful…

(June 13, 2008 - 5:25 am)

Unforgiven: Sigh. I know all of it i true, so true. Yet, I am in a frame of mind where I am denying everything..Hopefully when things change I’ll be able to see it and appreciate it. 🙂

(June 13, 2008 - 6:11 am)

Sutta: Same pinch!! And i really loved ‘Classically Milds’. 🙂

(June 13, 2008 - 6:11 am)

Keshi: Glad that you liked it. Thanks a ton! 🙂

(June 13, 2008 - 6:12 am)

Karthik: Thanks. This hatred is indeed deep. 😛

(June 13, 2008 - 6:22 am)

Bubbly Vodka: Thanks!!!!! 😀

(June 13, 2008 - 6:23 am)

Spectator: I’ll follow you. Please let me follow you!!!!!!

(June 13, 2008 - 6:24 am)

Sutta: This is true. So true. But what the heck!! I m so tired trying to figure it out…

• Sach

(June 13, 2008 - 11:20 am)

that’s so damn true…
    Niuce blog thr..blogrolling u!

(June 16, 2008 - 6:37 am)

Yep, the ups and downs of relationships and life are so true and so inevitable 🙂

(June 16, 2008 - 6:39 am)

Not the best of times to mess with it apparently!! 🙂

(June 16, 2008 - 6:39 am)

cudnt agree more Adi 🙂

would come back for more.

• Priyanka Singh

(June 16, 2008 - 6:39 am)

Very True.

And as someone said…you will remain unhappy if you let other people determine your happiness…

generally I don’t comment on blogs, but this time I couldn’t resist

• Gaurav

(June 16, 2008 - 6:39 am)

U c the abv comment by Sachi…hmm c your blog got yet another fan due to me…hmmm!!
    Anyways everyline i was going by it seemed,all my at present feelings getting physical shape in the form of your words in this post…thanks alot…i was looking for words to express how im feeling and this is how im feeling…!!
    Missing IA:((

• Mishra

(June 16, 2008 - 6:39 am)

To be honest, I do not have any clue about the thing called love. I am sure its not most of us perceive- the bolly-style-ishk…But,if there is “that” love,the one is there between software and hardware ( which is another way of saying,help each other realise the cause for their existence )…well in that case, I will beg to differ.

Other than that, I am on your side- to hate and mess people around 🙂

• geet

(June 16, 2008 - 6:39 am)

to poem is really beautifully written.

na yaar..i still lov my sis,bro,dad,mom.anger is another emotion ,just like love.

(June 16, 2008 - 8:46 am)

Sach: Gee, thanks (:
    I’ve heard a lot about you already and hope to see more of you here. 🙂

(June 16, 2008 - 9:00 am)

Raaji: Yeah, I knew you would like it. 🙂 Thanks sweeti!

(June 16, 2008 - 9:01 am)

Geet: hahahaha!!! ROTFL

(June 16, 2008 - 9:02 am)

Mishra: I know that about you, I’ve known you long enough to know this 😛
    …and we agree on some basic points on this, right?

(June 16, 2008 - 9:04 am)

Gaurav: yeah, that’s exactly what I thought when I read her comment. Thankyou! I cold drink treat for you nxt time u come to IA…which, BTW reminds me of how bored I am sitting next to an empty seat. (angry look)
    And why why why do you feel the same? I’ curios…

(June 16, 2008 - 9:07 am)

Priyanka: Sigh. I hate to admit but its true. Thanks for the comment, it means a lot. 🙂

(June 16, 2008 - 9:08 am)

Ashu: 🙂 Thanks. You keeping too busy these days kya?

(June 16, 2008 - 9:08 am)

Sam: 😛
    And its raining again!!!!! Damn!!!

• Mishra

(June 17, 2008 - 6:10 am)

Damn right you are !!!

• durjoy datta

(June 17, 2008 - 6:11 am)

I beg to differ!
    Love is great….
    Two loves is better.

(June 17, 2008 - 3:10 pm)

Good poem. You seem hurt…

(June 17, 2008 - 3:10 pm)

Remember, this too shall pass away…

• Harshad Joshi

(June 18, 2008 - 5:30 am)

Look into mirrors of your soul, love and hate are one and all…

Sacrifice soon turns to revenge and believe me, you would see the face who will say – I love you, I’ll kill you, but I will love you forever..

These were the lines on my gtalk status, and the girl I was meeting for almost 2 years decided to abandon me. True there was no offline relation between us, nevertheless I was fool to associate my emotions with someone who was never mine.

• Su

(June 18, 2008 - 1:17 pm)

Striking image used. I love Postsecret too…but a times they get beyond my life, if you know what I mean. Good post.

• Harshad Joshi

(June 19, 2008 - 5:15 am)

Whatever happens, happens…

We create, We destroy

A form, nobody knows….

Desires create, Desires destroy

Still, Karma spares no one…

The Eternal Sacred Flame..

Always burns…

Turn around and I will show you something,

Turn around and you will see

Life is a kind of roundabout, a kind of lsd*

Turn around and have faith in all those changes..

Turn around and you will see…

Remember – In every colour, theres light, in every stone, there sleeps a crystal, dont forget what the ancient words say – ‘Karma spares no one…’

*lsd – Love, sensuality, devotion.

• marvin the paranoid android

(June 19, 2008 - 5:15 am)

i guess love does not suck… what most of us perceive as love does.. i guess to most people, a crush is as good as love and then when the relationship breaks down, they feel hurt and wronged…

• Anindita

(June 21, 2008 - 9:40 am)

Love doesn’t suck, it is just way too over rated..!! Don’t let your happiness depend on someone else.. Go out there and have fun. Love will find its way, sooner or later… 🙂

• Sachin Garg

(June 22, 2008 - 3:09 pm)

59 comments mil gaye aur kya chahiye people se?
    come on smile now and get out of the hibernation.
    -your most avid reader.

• Harshad Joshi

(June 22, 2008 - 3:23 pm)

Good Grief

Good Grief

• Aniche

(June 23, 2008 - 4:50 am)

see this is why i encourage people to start relationships with their furniture. i’ve been going out with my stool for 4 months now…maybe i should rephrase that..

(June 23, 2008 - 12:24 pm)

How’d you bring theses toades in here?? Phuleeessee tell me, I find them soooo cute!! 🙂

(June 23, 2008 - 6:56 pm)