I Promised Romance: Things I love About Being In Love

I promised, right?

So even if romance is not my territory, here I am.

Blame it on the unexpected May rains that are constantly hitting Delhi-Gurgaon – not in a positive way, but in a depressing-nostalgic-blue-gloomy-‘what the hell !’ way. Rains always do this to me, I get low because I don’t really like to be stuck indoors, and then I get restless.

Song in the background-‘Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down’ by The Carpenters – inspired by many bloggers who write backdrop songs for every posts. Thank you!!!

Anyway, getting back to romance…My association with romance is limited. I am one of those – all adjectives courtesy my close friends – ‘snobs in the air’, ‘date-lazy’, ‘highly opinionated’, ‘commitment phobic’ and ‘unapproachable’ women you’ve heard about. I am either too busy in whateverrrr that I hardly notice guys/men or even once in a rare while when I do like someone, he has to – has to -has to be taken, like Beckham, or emotionally unavailable like, Salman. I’ve always had this thing for older men like Clooney, sigh. So all in all I am an expert in unrequited celebrity-love where there is never a future to fantasize about. And the casual ‘let’s see where it goes’ kind of romance doesn’t agree with me. Period.

With all that I have felt and experienced, because I promised a post about Rohhmance and because it is raining outside, I am tempted to write about the things I like about romance, about being in love. No doubt this post will serve as a ‘notes to myself’ kind of thingy and it is more or less like a laundry list, but what the hell! Here we go:

22 Things I love about Being in Love:

1. The state of constant trance
  2. Holding hands
  3. Secret Jokes that only you two share
  4. Locking eyes for long 4/5 sec when in a group and then smiling
  5. Stolen Kisses in elevator/parking lot/dressing rooms in malls
  6. Crazy pictures you take on every occasion and every non-occasion
  7. Remembering all dates without any aid – you just get clever with romance
  8. The new impractical, irrational and crazy you
  9. Blushing (Well, sometimes)
  10. The no-harm-intended caresses that are anything but harmless πŸ™‚
  11. The sincere appreciation that you get on your lamest possible creation – cooking, idea, text msg
  12. Sharing a slice of pizza from last night
  13. Constantly saying silly yet important things “Dinner’s awful. I love you. The day was a bitch. Lowe you. Vegetables kill. I loooooove you. I’ll skip work tomorrow. I lurv you. Blah Blah Blah. I love you.”
  14. Dressing up -with and extra effort – and actually enjoying it
  15. Feeing his gaze on you when you are among friends
  16. Watching him sleep
  17. Counting his heart beats
  18. Wearing his perfume
  19. Roaming around in his clothes – over sized, full of his feel and warmness
  20. Collecting the otherwise senseless stuff that suddenly comes in the ‘collectibles’ category – like chocolate wrappers and restaurant bills
  21. A new emotion called insecurity (better when it is from the other side)
  22. Finally, as someone has said “One of the best things about love is just recognizing a man’s step when he climbs the stairs.”

That’s it I guess. Is it very unlike me? hmmm…did I ever tell you about my schizophrenia?

This is my ‘other’ self. I call her Trish. Trish wrote this. Not me.

Next time I will give a full description of Trish, or maybe she’ll again take over and gloat about herself on my blog – she knows all the passwords. So off I go to pull over the blinds, its raining outside again.

55 thoughts on “I Promised Romance: Things I love About Being In Love

• gunj

(May 26, 2008 - 4:13 pm)

trish is v different from u!!
    but trish is naishhh πŸ™‚

(May 26, 2008 - 4:13 pm)

So got to see a different side of u this time around….and the list covers about everything great about being in love. And ouch!!…that hurt… But the post was great…real heart warming stuff..

• Mishra

(May 26, 2008 - 4:13 pm)

Could not help smiling. Will provide me more “thought out” review later.I find the picture that you have put up to be real appropriate- in terms of colour as well as content that it has.Amazing selection .Will get back again

• s4n705h

(May 26, 2008 - 5:48 pm)

Trish is so unlike you. she is romantic, loves guys and falling in love. Loved this line One of the best things about love is just recognizing a man’s step when he climbs the stairs

BTW great post full of love and feelings. Guys start getting mussy, Love is in the air πŸ˜›

P.S.-> Thinks what is coming up next?

• s4n705h

(May 26, 2008 - 5:48 pm)

P.S.-> Thinks what is coming up next?

(May 26, 2008 - 5:59 pm)

Is this you Adi??????????

• Pritha

(May 26, 2008 - 6:02 pm)

Wow! Someone is getting better and better. Is this love??

• longroads

(May 26, 2008 - 6:41 pm)

I am touched. This is such a beautiful post written with such simplicity…surely it is Trish! Adi and Romance are two opposites. Glad to know that your other self -Trish – is interesting too.

• unforgiven

(May 26, 2008 - 7:09 pm)

As a good friend once told me; men are like wine. That’s for you on older men, and;

Romance is one of the finer things of life, which whenever I’ve anyone claim was ‘not for them’; it’s usually ’cause, and I hate to say this, of the sour grapes syndrome πŸ™‚

Hey, if it isn’t the case with you, hats off; I unfortunately am addicted, in fact, i like my intoxicant neat, and strong..

• Sachin Garg

(May 26, 2008 - 8:10 pm)

no comments.

-the guy who came very close to scoring 22/22.

(May 27, 2008 - 5:23 am)

Aww..damn Adi, you’ve reminded me of so many things and how much I miss romance in my life.. I quite fall into your category and somehow am finding this similarity between us a little more than uncanny!! πŸ˜‰
    I think after reading your list, I’ll put up one of my own and then we shall compare notes.. πŸ˜€

(May 27, 2008 - 5:23 am)

hey i wud b back here soon in detail πŸ™‚

• Gaurav

(May 27, 2008 - 7:30 am)

heyyyy im no more saying nice post…its by default attached to your all posts.
    By the way this is the first post or written evidence where guy part of an relationship is given some importance and respect…so on the behalf of all Male Junta…thank you adi!!

• Ps

(May 27, 2008 - 9:36 am)

What a sweet post!! I really like Trish!! Tell her to write more often! πŸ™‚

• DON

(May 27, 2008 - 9:51 am)

Ahem ahem …. πŸ˜›

Trish lookin for Krish…. (that’s the way to go)

(Greek God do appear during raining dayz…)

(May 27, 2008 - 11:55 am)

Mishra: Thanksyouuuuuuuuuuuuuu πŸ™‚

Kenny: Yeah…my ‘other’ side. hehehe. Thanks a ton!

Gunj: HAHAHA…Trish says thanks and gives you a kiss!!

Santosh: I love the steps thing a lot, that’s why thought of sharing it here. Glad you noticed. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the encouragement, this was new for me. hahaha. Next is a new tag I guess…let see. πŸ˜›

(May 27, 2008 - 11:57 am)

Anon: Yesssssss this is me. ANd is this ‘you’ or ‘YOU!’?????

Pritha: Thanks. This is Trish. πŸ˜€

LongRoads: Danke. πŸ™‚

(May 27, 2008 - 12:00 pm)

Unforgiven: ‘sour grapes’…ahan. I think that is true πŸ˜›
    Thanks a ton man, boosts our confidence (Me and Trish)

Sachin: awww…I though you, of al the ppl, would love this one!!!!

(May 27, 2008 - 12:03 pm)

Ashu: Waiting…tick tick 1, tick tick 2…

Sam: I know! we are so similar, everytime i read your posts I think the same!! Are you Trish by any chance?? Waiting for the post…

Gaurav: Pleasure! and Thanks again. I have made you a ‘tag’ in my other blog…check it out. πŸ™‚

PS: I will. Thankyouuuuuuuuuuu.

Don: Gee, Thanks.

• unforgiven

(May 27, 2008 - 12:52 pm)

@adi: It should πŸ˜‰ Dissatisfaction is the first step of success, isn’t it? πŸ˜›

(May 27, 2008 - 12:54 pm)

Unforgiven: well, after the 1st step of dissatisfaction, I jump to the 5th step called ‘boredom’
    -Trish πŸ˜›

• unforgiven

(May 27, 2008 - 1:16 pm)

@adi/trish: Thank God for the existence of step 5! If girls didn’t get ‘bored’, half the guys in this country would never get girlfriends! πŸ˜›

Oh, Hi Trish. Nice to meet you. Been away long? πŸ˜›

(May 27, 2008 - 1:23 pm)

Unforgiven: I cant agree more. But the tragedy is that guys don’t seem to be capable for the 5th Step..especially the ‘taken’ ones, else I would have had some luck. πŸ˜›

Hi Unforgiven, interesting name…Nice meeting. Me been on and off, it is hot and humid again so I am hiding. I love Rains. πŸ™‚

• unforgiven

(May 27, 2008 - 1:59 pm)

@trish/adi: Really? Man, I thought that everytime that a guy would stumble over his words trying to say “Hi”, that should be pretty entertaining by itself? πŸ˜‰

Trish is a nice name too. Came up with it all by your lonesome? Or ‘inspired by real events’? πŸ™‚

(May 27, 2008 - 2:01 pm)

Unforgiven: lol. Yeah, it would be interesting. πŸ˜‰

Trish is my birth name. I was born with it. So I try to suit it. I think whoever named me (Hint-the second leading lady of the blog), saw a lot of WWE. There is a connection there. Hmph.

• unforgiven

(May 27, 2008 - 2:21 pm)

@trish/adi: See, I told you, guys may not be able to entertain you, but you can definitely _use them for entertainment πŸ˜‰

So, let me get this straight; your parents named you ‘Trish’? And then you decided to name yourself Aditi?

Or wait, you were ‘born’ with the name Trish, did it come tatooed like on your arm or something?

Or was it like a hint from God or something – Booming voice in the sky: “Bachha, iska naam Trish hai; lekin tum iska naam Aditi rakhna, she’ll discover her birth name later in life!”?

I’m genuinely confused; a state I am rather unfamiliar with 😐

• Sachin Garg

(May 27, 2008 - 3:05 pm)

My love for the writing forced me to comment.
    My annoyance with the writer held back the praises.

• marvin the paranoid android

(May 27, 2008 - 3:05 pm)

trish does sound interesting… πŸ˜›

i guess these are the things that make up mush and lead to the wastage of so many man (and woman) hours…

PS- comment directed to adi

• Mishra

(May 27, 2008 - 5:17 pm)

On a lighter note:- tumne kitne single larko ki jalai you dont know ..they will curse you like anything.

(May 28, 2008 - 8:21 am)

i am good at screwing dates, nice to read good tips πŸ™‚

• aww….. oh-so cute πŸ™‚

I m sure that you will be able to feel all of these little emotions…

You are such a romantic at heart… even i didnt know or did half of the things you have mentioned.. should give it a try.. hehe πŸ™‚

(May 30, 2008 - 7:53 am)

Unforgiven: I’m sure Trish will answer all your questions on gtalk. πŸ™‚

Marvin: Trish- U bet! πŸ˜‰
    Adi – umm….what?? What’s going on here?

(May 30, 2008 - 7:55 am)

Sachin: ‘Sorry’???? Does it help??
    (sad face)

Mishra: lol. Even if it is not true, I’d rather believe it and be happy. I’m enjoying it now. Thanks to youu! πŸ™‚

(May 30, 2008 - 7:56 am)

Spectator: lol…that was funny. You could use a few tips, dure. But I’m not sure of boys are that sensitive (coughs) πŸ˜›

Raaji: Gee, Thanks. (coy smile) I will surely try πŸ˜‰

(May 30, 2008 - 12:36 pm)

At last I met someone like me – who doesnt like rains! Stumbled uplon your blog and i liked it very much. Keep writing. Adios!

• Abhismiles

(May 30, 2008 - 1:38 pm)

To be honest… i was plesently surprised to read this kinda blog from a person whom i knw from 2 years….. Good that yr perspective for life is changing!!

• Mishra

(June 2, 2008 - 6:53 am)

Alright !I don’t personally know much about that thing called love either- much like you.However, because everyone born on the holy Indian lands is philosophical, I do have strong ideas about/against this very thing.I do not know but its silly when we presume it to be something that can happen between two unmarried people.I mean no one seems to think on the lines about other instances ( atleast on the first go ) . You remember my second last post ? the one about resolution? Well I had to purposedly add a disclaimer to avoid any such misleads.I seriously wonder sometimes as to why this baseles presumption ? any thoughts?

• *~*Sameera*~*

(June 2, 2008 - 6:54 am)

I agree a lot with Trish!

Lovely romantic post πŸ™‚

• Constantly Crazy

(June 3, 2008 - 1:35 pm)

Romance, ah!
    Touchy subject, but I decided to read and what a post! Never thought ‘Adi Crazy’ feels like this. I must say I am even more impressed by your writing skills than I ever was. Take a bow, lady!

• Constantly Crazy

(June 3, 2008 - 1:35 pm)

…or should I give the credits to Trish? πŸ˜›
    How’s she doin’?

• geet

(June 6, 2008 - 9:32 am)

an exact mirror image of me ,Trish is :-).needless to say but i love this post

• Cigar

(June 7, 2008 - 6:50 am)

All attempts to make up/out are welcome.
    -your self proclaimed boy friend.

• Ankit Gupta

(June 10, 2008 - 1:47 pm)

ya, completely agree abt twin personalities
    even I see myself as two uncontrolled personalities – Me and Him

What to do??
    How to counter twin personalities??

(June 10, 2008 - 5:52 pm)

Sam: Same pinch, then. Keep visiting.

(June 10, 2008 - 5:53 pm)

Abhi: Thanks man! U know the reason.

(June 10, 2008 - 5:54 pm)

Sameera: (Blushes) Thankyouuuuu. heehee

(June 10, 2008 - 5:55 pm)

Mishra: hmm…Read my latest post and you’ll know that all I have to say is I hate people.

(June 10, 2008 - 5:56 pm)

Constantly Crazy: Thanks. Thanks. And u make me blush, really. πŸ™‚

(June 10, 2008 - 5:57 pm)

Geet: Really? Then Trish must love you I better be scared. lolzzzz

(June 10, 2008 - 5:59 pm)

Ankit: Welcome. May you stay long. (unlike the others who get put off by me moods) Anyway, first, your name reminds me of a person I used to deal with from a client company and he was…well….u got it! But hen u mention dual personality traits, I think that is interesting. Tell me ore about u and him and tell you how to deal with it. Deal. πŸ˜‰

• Somya

(June 11, 2008 - 10:52 am)

Yuuuuhooo! My sister is actually considering romance as a real thing!!!
    I love you.

• Anindita

(June 12, 2008 - 9:44 am)

Nice work… It is kind of a feel good post.. The one that makes you feel good inside and bubbly outside… Blog rolling you…

• Pointblank

(June 29, 2008 - 6:49 am)

awww! Tat was such a sweet one!

• Somyamathur

(August 2, 2008 - 6:16 pm)

Ur first post is Fantastic….
    The more i went thru,the more i wanted to fall in Loveee…
    wooww!!its gr8…

• Nidhi

(August 11, 2008 - 2:05 pm)

hey that was nice .. good to know abt the other side of u πŸ™‚ First time in ur blog πŸ™‚