Of Cold, Christmas, Chaos and Caution…..

I am high on Benadryl and I have so many things on my mind, that I obviously dont want to write HERE, thanks to my unintellignet ways to promote my blog. This cold has half killed me and my nose is red like Santa’s reindeer- what was his name??? Rudolph?? – and the boy from house keeping has placed an entire packet of soft tissues on my desk. (Thankyouu!!!)My eyes are red too. I’ve been having loads of ice creams and cold drinks. Check out the Cafe Mocha Wafel cone ice cream from McD, it’s amazing. And we had an office booze party at Ruby Tuesday, Saket few days back that I didnt miss, even at my nose’s cost. Oh, what a nice evening….

Strangely for me, for my general life pattern, the days have been really exciting…except for the cold. Yes. Dinners, dance, dresses and developments. And Fardeen Khan. Yes, he was in Capitol – The Ashoka – this weekend and I thought, as I ogled at him, is it possible for me – ME – to know an insanely good looking guy like this one? Why, he looked so familiar. And then the DJ shrieked- “We have Fardeen in the house tonight ladies, in case you’re wondering what’s making u feel so hot!”. Hmph. So i did know him afterall. Not very fond of him actually, but he radiated the “celebrity” aura so effortlessly that I had to rethink…one look at him and you knew he was someone. SOMEONE- more than just any someone.

And hello! I have changed. Yeah. I have somehow managed to get out of my faded denims and slogan Tees and open boring hair and kohl and soft cologne to, yes, sexy sticky denims and the “innest” tops and darker kohl and hoops and Chanel perfume and carefully unmanaged hair and – beat this – RED nail paint. The new me. Minus the confused look. Feels good. And I have managed to shed that silly “particular-ness” about my taste in music off my collar bones and my shoulders. (I’m loving my collar bone these days, it’s a pity it is winters, cant even show ‘em off ) – and I danced like crazy on corny hindi songs in Capitol like “Jhoom barabar Jhoom” and “Ay chori, zara nach ke dikha”. Well, if they can play it, why cant I dance? It was fun. Then there was this guy standing on the bar trying to be cool and part-of-the-crowd and offered me a summers in Zoom TV. Summers? ME?? Hell!! I fled. Delhi is loaded with Hippocrates. Fake people. Dumb people. Show-offish people. Gives me creeps sometimes.

Anyway, I am generally having fun in life these days. I slept the whole day yesterday – for Christmas. Santa didn’t turn up so I treated myself with late night nuts and soup and chocolates. As a kid I used to love Christmas – I anyway love everything associated to the colorRed , you see. I loved the carols as well. Okay lets see if I can sing one now…and i mentioned somewhere about the cough syrup high dose – so don’t expect I’ll make much sense. Here we go…

Adi the red nosed lady
Got a lil’ bit high on a dose
She had a cold that she hated
And was tired of blowing her nose
She drank directly from the bottle
She drank it all the time
It never let poor Adi
Do anything worth the while
Then the bottle was empty and Santa came to say
Adi with your nose so bright
Wont you drink another bottle my child
And so she opened a new one
Hoping that cold goes away
Adi got high and tipsy and bitchy
And this day will go down in her history

Whhooaaa!! Sing this, man this IS cool. I should pat myself on the back, only if I didn’t have a wet tissue to handle.

Happening life. Yes, that’s what I was talking about. A few weekends back also, I met a couple of drunk girls in Odyssey and made friends with them. One was crying in the washroom over a missing boyfriend and the other was showing off her pale white thin slashed-and-stitched wrist and trying to make the other one feel better. Boyfriends! They are insane. They go away and the poor girls get confused, get hurt, get drunk and get loads of other guys to fill in the emptiness but still miss “the one”. Sad. This was a Saturday and I wiped both of their tears, completely at loss of words – trying to make up some interesting and equally sad story to make both of them feel at ease – and suddenly I heard myself shout “Who need guys! Girls rock!” and both of them stared at me and shouted back “Yeah….screw guys! Girls rock!” Awww….I actually said that. We exchanged numbers and met on Sunday for a late lunch at the Metropolitan Mall. In spite of a few cheap fun things like following a firang into shops around the mall and all three walking bare foot because I broke my heels (Yes, I wore high heels, it is chic I know it.) and shouting “Girls Rock!!!!” after every third sentence of the conversation – it was stupid. Actually it was fun, until the boyfriend missing girl decided to lock herself up in the Men’s room – Ruby Tuesday City Center Mall – with a random guy sitting on nearby table with – beat this – his girlfriend. Granted that he was cute and all but hello? How can you do anything like this? Thankfully, when this happened, I was out on phone with Mom. Girls suck, I decided. Well, some of them do. No more of the girls for me now.

This is only a tiny weenie account of my happening days. (Hello, you jealous people!)Christmas was a lazy day and I barely managed to drag myself out of the bed at 1:20pm in the morning – morning is when you wake up, right? – and brushed my teeth and ate 5 chocolate bars and because I was tired of sleeping so much, I slept again. The only text message “I told Santa to give the most beautiful gift this Christmas, please cooperate if he wraps you up” kept pouring from everyone and lamenting on the lack of creativity in people these days, I guiltlessly forwarded it to my complete phone book.

Ummm….cant think what else to write. Benadryl, I told you. So a belated Merry Christmas to everyone and wishing an in-fucking-credible year ahead people. Have fun. And please overlook the things that I am not supposed to/expected to/allowed to write here, if I did write them. One moment, ALLOWED TO? I am allowed to write ANYTHING here. Remember the “my blog, my space, my monologue” rant? Yes? *cute smile*

40 thoughts on “Of Cold, Christmas, Chaos and Caution…..

• Abhismiles

(December 26, 2007 - 11:52 am)

Nice articulation(ofcourse in positve sense)…. this blog has been written in front of me (ofcourse i was part of the lazy sunday for freaking 15 mins)hehehehe….
    NIce job gurlie

• Web Satan

(December 26, 2007 - 1:30 pm)

you should have definitely mentioned the slip disc guy. The Zoom guy was ugly man.

Any way the new look rocks!!

p.s. Fine women you meet

• s4n705h

(December 27, 2007 - 5:16 am)

Benadryl is good. But why don’t you try Corex. i have one my desk. you want one?

Be careful and take care of your self. The poem is great.

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

Hey, welcome back Adi..and the are you serious about that girl hooking up with the next table guy?? Do these things “actually” happen?? Damn you, must have been one hell of an experience!! 😉

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

Welcome back Adi. Wishing you a happy 2008 ahead……

• bluecoffeemug

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

Hope you are fine now, yeah! ice creams would have helped.. 😉 ..rocking carol..*pats on your back*…If only i could meet those drunk girls ;)… Merry Xmas adi! and a very happy new year..

• Drone

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

Keep up the Wild Streak Woman 😉

• Drone

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

Keep up the Wild Streak woman 😉

• s4n705h

(December 27, 2007 - 5:17 am)

Be careful and take care of your self. The poem is great.

• Jeevy

(December 27, 2007 - 7:01 am)

i loved the poem! 😀
    hehe! nicely written! 😛

• Pointblank

(December 27, 2007 - 8:50 am)

hahaha… tat was such a lovely post. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ur benadryl-driven post.!

• *~*{Sameera}*~*

(December 27, 2007 - 11:27 am)

Nice to see you back after long!

Season’s Greetings 🙂

(December 27, 2007 - 11:38 am)

Abhismiles: Welcome sweetheart! *at last!!!* Lovely to have you here but dont let this “nice” behaviour make you think I’ll let you go with anything you write here 🙂 Comments are moderated!!

Keep visiting!

WebSatan : You bet!!! LMAO

S4n705H: Corex?? How dumb of me!! Why didnt I think of it before?? uff..blame it on the cold. 🙂
    Thanks for lining the poem sweets, it is better when you sing it. hehehe

Drone: Danke. Thanks for visiting.

(December 27, 2007 - 11:45 am)

Bluecoffeemug: heehee. Thanks buddy. And THAT particular blue coffee mug is mine!!! Okay!!! 🙂

Ashu: Hey!!! long time!! How have you been? Thanks a ton!!! Love ya!!

Sam: A bear hug for you Sam! 🙂 Yesssss it actually happened, she is 21 yrs old and very excited to be in Delhi/gurgaon and this guy was cute, as I mentioned, and as we sat thr, we acknowledged that he was worth fighting for the seat opposite to him…hehehe. He kept on looking at our side. Only if I knew why! uff. It was crazy, yes. hehehee

Jeevy: Thanks. I though of something crude on “silent nights, lonely nights” too…but didnt write it here…will tell ya later…hehehe

Pointblank: 🙂 Thanks a lottttt. Next time on, it wil be CORX driven, it is more “effective” I’v heard *wink*

Sameera: Good to be back. Man, my work load is replicating it self like hell…imagine I wrk in the digital media and still didnt have time for my baby-blog all this time. Sigh. Things wil be better hopefully now. 🙂
    Have a happy new year!!

• Longroads

(December 28, 2007 - 11:09 am)

Great comeback Adi Crazy!!

(December 28, 2007 - 11:23 am)

Good Blog. You write professionally?

• Sri Tatsat Mishra

(December 29, 2007 - 3:57 pm)

Not a different piece of work,I must say.Ofcourse your blog,your space and Monologue but even spielberg was not at his best in ‘War of worlds’.something that has not changed is the fact that I am still bigtime admirer of the way you make a point ! amazing writing skills that you have…Happy new year !!

• sachin

(December 29, 2007 - 3:58 pm)

jealous indeed!

• d SINNER!!!

(December 29, 2007 - 3:58 pm)

thanx for leavin a thot @ d story….

grt place u have here…

keep scribblin!!!!

• Pritha

(December 29, 2007 - 4:03 pm)

Missed you around. Nice post, loved it!

• Me

(December 30, 2007 - 12:43 pm)

I loved the carol.
    Good going.

• Sach

(January 1, 2008 - 3:22 pm)

happy new year!
    hope u have a great health in the upcoming year….

• Karthik S

(January 1, 2008 - 3:26 pm)

I liked the way it has written. It is 12:00 Sharp 🙂 Happy New Year.

• durjoy datta

(January 1, 2008 - 3:26 pm)

girls rock. atleast some of them them do. you do..

(January 1, 2008 - 3:26 pm)

aww… I hope you feel better.
    Quite an interesting post I must say… 🙂

• Silvara

(January 2, 2008 - 7:28 am)

Heya Adi!!

Grats and yes it was a love – mixed race/religion too 😛 Confusion is normal…half the time I STILL am. Let me know if u need any help/advice/strong drink + shopping spree to help you 😛

I hope u had a great NY celebration and all the best for 2008 🙂

(January 2, 2008 - 7:29 am)

ur lines sound like cranberries music…!! listen to that sometime, u’d luuuuuuuuv them !!!!

n btw, leap year mubaarak ho !!!

• constantlycrazy

(January 2, 2008 - 9:26 am)

Great read. Write often, you take loooon breaks.

Happy New Year!

• Reemazdreams

(January 2, 2008 - 10:43 am)

Amazing carol.

(January 2, 2008 - 10:46 am)

Good Blog Adi Crazy. I came here through another blog, following a link because I found the title interesting and I must say you write really good. Happy new year to you and keep writing.

• Somya

(January 3, 2008 - 5:38 am)

Happy New Year sweeheart. Funny Post. 🙂

(January 3, 2008 - 7:31 am)

Hey Adi, A BRILLIANT YEAR to you.. May it bring to you all you’ve wanted: love luck happiness romance laughter and joy!! 🙂

(January 4, 2008 - 10:12 am)

Wow…parties, makeovers,new friends, celeb run-ins…lots been happening in the festive season 😉
    Thanks for the “cute” comment..n a new post is up..kinda long so venture when u have the time.:P
    And hope the cold’s all better by now..n u had a great new year’s!! 🙂
    Happy new year n hugsss..

• Shivoham

(January 4, 2008 - 10:13 am)

nice poem… do u pay these guys for commenting ?? so many comments… !!!

• Shivoham

(January 4, 2008 - 10:13 am)

nice poem…

• Keval

(January 6, 2008 - 10:06 am)

A very good blog you have here lady. I see you have the knack to see and express humor in almost everything. Would love your take on deeper subjects like Politics, religion and, well, with the drama happening in Australia, maybe cricket too. Give it a shot. 🙂

(January 11, 2008 - 2:56 pm)

Long Roads: Thanks!!!:D

Anon: Thanks. And no, but I wish I did.

Sri: awww…And Happy New Year to you too! Have fun.

D Sinner: Thanks a ton man! 🙂

Sachin: lolzzz. 😀

Pritha: I’m back nowwwww. Yayyyyy. Love you!

Me: Me too! Me too! lol

Raaji: Yeah..me much beter now. 😛 Thanks a lot!!

Durjoy: I totally agree.lol

Sach: Wish ya the ame. Have a blast.

Karthik: 🙂 New year wishes to u too!

Silvera: For sure. The day is comming soon. 🙂 Thanks a lot and wishing you the same.

Spectator: Thankyou! Thankyou! Thanksyou! 😀

ConstantlyCrazy: …and the break is over now…hope you dont get buggged a lott 😛

(January 11, 2008 - 3:00 pm)

Reems Dreamz: Thanks for liking it Reems. 🙂

Anon: awww….you made me instantly happy. Thanks a lot!!! Hugggssss

Somya: Love ya sweeti.

Sam: Thanks a lot. Have a great year ahead!!

Kenny: Yeah, too much happening around. hehehe. Happy new year. Hugsss.

Shiv: Thanks. Will you pay me if I coment on yours? 😛

Keval: Thanks for the serious appriciation. Will surely try my hand at those subjects. Be around for feedback. Take care. 🙂

• Kriti

(January 15, 2008 - 6:06 am)

Awesome post. 🙂